How to Look Taller and Slimmer
You don't have to wear black everyday to look your sleekest. Try these simple figure flattering tips to elongate your body.
Time Required: Varies
- Opt for a monochromatic outfit.
- Add contrast color or texture with a blazer, cardigan or overshirt.
- Leave the blazer or cardigan unbuttoned for maximum vertical lines.
- Any stripes on the garment should be vertical.
- Choose scarves tied loosely with long, vertical dangling ends.
- Match pantyhose hue to skirt or pant and shoe color.
- Avoid big belts, which can cut you in half visually.
- Use long necklaces or pendants and avoid chokers.
- Wear skirts that are longer than they are wide.
- Choose shoes with at least an inch heel: the taller the better.
- Elongate the neck with V-necks.
- Monochromatic doesn't have to mean boring. Mix textures to keep the look interesting (i.e. knits with leather)
- If you are petite (5'3" or under) make sure you scale everything down : smaller prints, pockets, etc. so they don't overpower your figure.
- Don't make the mistake of going for all long pieces. Go for contrasting proportions. Mix a longer jacket with a shorter skirt, shorter jacket with pants, etc.